Functions Karnataka Public Service Commission
Updated on: Mar 7, 2013
According to the article 320 (1) of the constitution, the Karnataka Public Service Commission conducts examinations for recruitment of candidates to the various services of the state. The selection of candidates to the various categories of post in the state civil services is made on the basis of
- Both Competitive Examination and Personality test.
- Only by Interview
- Only by Competitive Examination
- The Karnataka Civil Services (General Recruitment) Rules 1977.
- The Karnataka Recruitment of Gazetted Probationers (Appointment by Competitive Examination) Rules, 1997.
- The Karnataka Public Works Engineering Department Services (Recruitment of Assistant Executive Engineers Division-I by Competitive Examination) Rules 1973 and the Karnataka Recruitment of Assistant Executive Engineers- Division-I (Special) Rules, 1979.
- The Karnataka Education Department Services (Department of Public Instruction) (Recruitment) Rules, 1967.
- The Karnataka State Civil Services (Direct Recruitment by Selection)Rules, 1973.
- The Karnataka Civil Services (Recruitment to the Ministerial Post)Rules,1978.